When it comes to the Oscars’ red Carpet, there is surely no deficiency of either talent or style. From bold reds to muted earthy tones, there was plenty to gawk at during this Oscar season.
However, certain celebrities most definitely stood out for their unique, bold and creative looks.
On that note, let us take a brief look at eight of the best dressed female celebrities of the night.
2017 Oscar Looks Review
- Taraji P Henson in Alberta Ferretti: The timeless, ageless beauty of Taraji could only ever be matched by the utterly gorgeous velvet gown that channeled an old-school Hollywood glam that most stars only dream of projecting. Projecting it with an equally glamorous updo and a bold diamond necklace, this was one of the most eternal fashion looks.
- Brie Larson in Oscar de la Renta: This strapless, dramatic black gown was all about stealing the limelight. Not only did it do wonders for Brie’s skin tone, but it managed to stand out among a herd of other black floor length gowns. Here’s hoping for more from her in the future!
- Isabelle Huppert in Armani Privé: her fashion choices have always been as bold as her movie choices. Huppert, during the Oscars’ night, continued to awe in her off-white full length Prive gown, which looked stunning against her fiery red hair and bold lipstick.
- Ruth Negga in Valentino: Perhaps one of the most eye grabbing looks of the night, Ruth nega turned up in a bright scarlet gown. Pairing it with absolutely minimal jewelry, but most importantly, Renaissance style headband was what completed the entire ensemble.
- Viola Davis in Armani: From the bold hair to the bold gown, Viola Davis can do no wrong. What made her gown stand out, apart from the incredibly attention grabbing colour, was the subtle geometric silhouette of it, and how she chose to go minimal and equally subtle with her makeup.
- Janelle Monáe In Elie Saab Couture: Janelle Monae took a huge risk in choosing this dress, and it most certainly paid off for her. Perhaps one of the most edgy and unique looks this Oscar season, what stood out about this gown was the incredible details on the skirt and the various textures.
- Nicole Kidman in Armani: Not a lot of people can carry off a dress that almost looks like an extension of their skin, but then again, Nicole Kidman is not a lot of people. Laced with intricate details from head to toe, she chose red lips to go with it.
- Priyanka Chopra in Ralph and Russo: This dress was all about the geometric designs and shapes, in order to give it an extra dimension. While the silver played off on her skin, her choice to wear minimal and subtle jewelry let the dress be the centre of attention. Way to go, Priyanka!
So, what do you think? Was there something that we missed out of this 2017 Oscar looks review? Leave your comments below and do let us know!